- Click here to apply!
- Click here to view this years winner!
- Click here to view all the latest blog posts on the Miss Teen Blog Network
Miss Teen Videos
Watch the Look Good, Feel Good, Do Good video created by the 2012 Miss Teen contestants! Sponsored by Aveda Institute Canada
- Bells and Bows Bridal - Where Modern Chic meets Timeless Elegance.
- Find Bells and Bows Bridal on Facebook.
- Cardiac Kids is a volunteer group who raise much-needed funds for children who are suffering from congenital heart disease.
- Free The Children is an international charity and educational partner, working both domestically and internationally to empower and enable youth to be agents of change.
What an amazing day it has been! I have been looking forward too this day for the longest time! The day that we get to go out and see the city of Toronto. I am a huge fan of the big city life, always have been and always will be. I have fallen in love with Los Angeles, New York and Vancouver but I have never been to Toronto and just like I knew I would…I fell in love. The building and skylines were all spectacular. The architecture of the buildings were so unique and creative! No building looked similar to the one beside it at all!! This is a city that I can really see myself being in forthe long run.
The day started off with a nice little breakfast at the EGGilicious Cafe downtown Toronto. The staff treated us very well and the food tasted great! If you are ever in Toronto and need a quick breakfast with good food and good prices be sure too check out the EGGilicious Cafe!!
After breakfast we were on our way too the fun events! We pulled up the official Nuvango clothing factory and when I walked into that building I was in absolute awe. The design and decor in that building felt like I was in my own dream building. Art pieces covered the plain walls and just brought life to the rooms. Glass walls added class and a trendy look to the building. If I ever open up a business of my own or have an apartment in the city I know exactly the look I am going for after seeing the interior design in their building. We were able to meet all the staff and hear all of their amazing success stories which led them to where they are today. Next we were onto the tour, first stop was the roof patio. We walked out the window and got to hangout on the awesome patio on the roof of their building that has the perfect view of the Toronto skyline. Then we were able to go down to the floor where they do all of their manufacturing and making of the designer clothes. It was crazy too see the process from beginning to end. How they
could turn an art piece into a stylish clothing style. They also make phone cases from art pieces and super cool laptop skins that you can go to https://www.nuvango.com and order them from. Next was my favourite moment of the day. We went into their photo studio and were able to try on items from their brand new clothing line and model them in a photoshoot. It was crazy how beautiful and vibrant these colours showed up on the camera. The photoshoot was so much fun and the photos turned out amazing! Can’t wait to see the final edits from Nuvango! Huge thank you to Nuvango for such an amazing opportunity and teaching us all about their amazing company. I can’t wait to promote your business to my family, friends and community.
After our awesome adventure at Nuvangos it was time to do something I’ve never done before. We went too a shoe museum, the Beta Shoe Museum too be specific. The architecture of this building was beautiful and the architect actually designed it too look like a shoe box so when you enter inside you get too see all the shoes in the “shoe box!” Even inside the interior design was incredibly unique and suited too the theme with leather arrows pointing you to
o certain exhibits or rooms that has swayed material for walls! The museum had such a unique and cool feeling too it which made the experience that much better! We were able to have a hands on presentation where we were able to learn about all sorts of different shoes from pointe shoes, women’s heels from the Renaissance time era, Japanese wood shoes and I even got to hold Shaquille O’Neal’ timberland shoe that was size 23 and double wide!!! Who knew it was even possible too make a shoe that size!! So much was learnt at this amazing museum and I got to expand my knowledge on the history of the Beta family and also the history of shoes!!
Too complete the awesome day we were headed to a beautiful Indian resteraunt called Nirvanas! Staff was super friendly and on top of everything. They served us nice drinks and were super kind too each and everyone of us . While we waited for the food to be prepared we got to learn dance moved of the Indian culture and dance to the Indian music as well. I love culture and learning about it. It’s one of those things I find fascinating and can never learn enough about!! Bon Appetit, food is ready and was it ever delicious. Every bie was full of so much flavour and cooked to perfection! Such a great rester-aunt for a nice Indian culture experience. I learned lots, got too taste new delicious foods and even learn some new dancemoves!! Highly recommend this rester-aunt too anyone hungry for some delicious food in a friendly environment !
Once again… it was an incredible day. Lots of memories were made and friendships grew even bigger. This journey just keeps on getting better as the week goes on and the days are flying by. I don’t ever want too stop living this life style!!! Hopefully I don’t have too! Remember too vote for your favourite finalist on the official MTC website. Love you all! Xoxo
Miss Teenage South Central Alberta
Hey lovelies, tonight I just want to talk to you all a little about my province and why it would be such a great place for you too come visit. Alberta is known for its beautiful land but there is so much more too it then just that. It is a beautiful province full of kind and humble people. My city that I have grown up in is Red Deer and it is such a nice community. Everyone is welcoming and when we have problems we come together as a community to solve the issue. Red Deer was a perfect size town to grow up in. It wasn’t to big and chaotic but it wasn’t too small so I was able too meet new people everyday which I love!!
Places in Alberta that I would recommend people to go visit would be Jasper and Banff. Both absolutely breath taking towns. Banff is great for snowboarding, sight seeing, hiking and it also very commercialized in a very unique way. I spend lots of my time in Banff during the winter months. I love going snowboarding in the magnificent mountains, hiking during summer months or even making a day trip too walk down the beautiful main strip in Banff.
Now if you are the type of person who prefers no commercial area and just straight up nature that has never had any construction done too it then you need to go to Jasper. Jasper is simply breath taking. There is no other way then describing it as the most beautiful city in Alberta, perhaps even Canada. My parents used to live in Jasper before I was born, so when they had me and my older siblings we would go camping there lots and go for lots of hikes. I have always loved Jasper and always will. The nature is so pure and you really get too see Gods true creations. The mountains covered in snow white as can be and creeks that are the clearest water you will ever see. It is truly an amazing place and anyone coming to Canada needs too make a visit to Jasper too really see the true beauty of Canada.
I couldn’t be more proud of where I come from and would never of wanted to groww up any place else. Alberta has shaped me to be the person I am today and I am happy with who I am. Once and Albertan always an Albertan. No matter where I e
nd up in life I will always have my true Alberta blood and be happy too say that is where I come from.
Miss Teenage South Central Alberta
2016 Search for Miss Teenage Canada has officially begun
As a Regional Delegate from Red Deer Alerta, representing all of south central Alberta. I arrived in Toronto at 1:00 p.m and fell in love with the city right when I first laid my eyes on it.
At 6:30 pm we entered into the top floor ballroom at the Airport Holiday Inn in Toronto to attend the Opening Ceremonies of the 2016 Search for Miss Teenage Canada. I was feeling more excited then any other day in my life! Surrounded with beautiful ladies and all these amazing sponsors ready to teach me about their products just started my engine and I was ready too go!!
The party was enthusiastic, cameras flashing everywhere around me. All of the sponsors were amazing and their products all blew me away! The energy in the room was outstanding, smiles all around and everyone was having an absolute blast. There couldn’t of been a better way to kick off such an amazing week with a perfect sponsor party like MTC hosted! All the girls are stunningly beautiful inside and out. Everyone is pampered head to toe but even better then that, is each and every single girl has the sweetest and most caring personality over any other girls I have ever met! We all have so much fun and share memories that will last us for a life time. The beautiful Miss Teenage Canada banner was a huge hit for taking our pictures and I highly recommend them for any event you are planning on hosting. They draw attraction and it is a great was for media advertisement.
There was a good selection of high quality Oral B traveler’s toothbrushes specially monogrammed from Archer Dental because they care about our oral hygiene when we’re away from home competing for a crown. Dental care is something that is very important too me, I had braces for three years and after those years I have been a crazy dental chick. My smile is known as one of my best qualities and I like to keep those teeth looking pearly white for the camera. Little tip from me to you, brush your teeth with baking soda before photo shoots of events to keep your smile extra white and always keep a toothbrush in your purse because it will always come in handy!!
Nuvango created a shareable moment center by offering up some designer clothes and a full length mirror. This is a girl party mainstay. Visiting the Nuvango headquarters is most definitely going to be one of the highlights of this trip for me. I was so inspired by their trendy work and how beautifully unique their studio was. If you are looking for a career in design and fashion I highly recommend you check out their internship program because their work is absolutely unreal and you will not be disappointed!!
There were free designer sunglasses from V.P.I. Canada, one pair for each regional delegate and were they ever stylish!!!
I found my pair of sunglasses at….https://www.vpicanada.ca/SUNGLASSES/style-1003/ and they are on sale online for only $28.00 plus shipping and handling. Trust me they are so worth the order ladies and gentleman, these sunglasses are great quality, long lasting and will make you look super stylish. Thanks VPI Canada- I’ll make you proud!!
Here’s a couple pictures of me wearing my awesome new shades at the party with one of my beautiful pageant sisters “Miss Teenage Red Deer County.”
Rimmel London provided a surplus of products for our wonderful welcome bags. They set up a professional make-up station with lots of extras for us to try out and experiment with. A lot of fun happened here throughout the evening. Find the team on Instagram & Twitter: @rimmelllondoncan, and on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RimmelLondonCanada
Hashtagio is a Social Media Aggregator and User Generated Marketing Platform that was at the show collecting all our social media tagged with the #MissTeenageCanada2016 and then projecting it live at the party. Even better, they make a single feed URL to which our parents and friends can subscribe to follow along in real time as we experience all the different activities here in Toronto. And the mass of spontaneously issued images and text from all 65 delegates will be archived on this page in the Miss Teenage Canada main site and on the Miss Teen Canada Blog Network / Search for Miss Teenage Canada 2016.
Sam Dhutia from Sweets Canada was at the party doing chocolate tastings and let me tell you…I happen to have the biggest sweet tooth so this sponsor booth was definitely one of my favourites. Sam made a very informative and delicious chocolate tasting exhibit and each and every taste was more delicious then the one before!! After each sampling he generously gave out gourmet chocolate bars , and or edible flower chocolate bars, depending on each delegate’s individual preferences, as discovered during the tastings which was all for my but unfortunately I had to settle with only one!
http://sweetscanada.com/product-category/gourmet-chocolate-bars/ This is the link to Sweets Canada’s website where they will show you all their amazing and delicious gourmet chocolate bars. If you have a weak spot when it comes to chocolate…then let go of your will power and try these amazing chocolate bars! They are so worth doing the squats and sit up after math…trust me and buy yours today!!
Sweets Canada is on Twitter @SweetsCanadaCA and so is their parent company Q Foods Canada which tweets from @QFoodsCanada
Sally Hansen provided their wonderful products for gift bags and dispensed products which made all of us girls feel even more glamorous and beautiful! There was a make-up station at the welcome party where we could sample and test all their hottest products!
Check out their website at: https://ca.sallyhansen.com/
Instagram & Twitter: @sallyhansenca
BRADLEE RYALL GOF ACADEMY
Another fun exhibit at the Opening Night Sponsors’ Party was from Bradlee Ryall Golf Academy which teaches golf lessons at six golf courses west of Toronto.
On Weds July 20th we’re all going to the golf academy to play a one-hole golf game for two ladies golf jackets (which are prizes from SWING active wear) at the end of our group lessons on two different courses. Here at the party there was a live mini golf attraction set up for us to practice our putting. I am super excited to be able to go and play golf with all my ladies. Both of my older siblings went to the states on full ride scholarships for golf and I also work full time at a golf course to the game means a lot to me and I also find it super fun!! It is going to be such a great experience!
At the party there was a bow and arrow that had a big fluffy marshmallow on the end of it so don’t worry!! We all got too take turns trying to hit a paper target that was setup in the ballroom. Pretty soon we will all be playing Archery Tag in Toronto at Archers Arena on Thursday July 21st 2016. This is something that I am super excited to do! I always love too try new things that I have never learned before. Fingers crossed I am not partnered with Kendal for Archery tag or she might try and knock me out of the completion like the photo on the right!!!! That night, be sure too look for the hashtag #archerytag too see all of us crazy girls perform some archery skills!
BATA SHOE MUSEUM
We’ll be visiting the Bata Shoe Museum on Tuesday, July 19 at 11:30 a.m.
@batashoemuseum and they collect images marked #batashoemuseum
Fishd By EDO
Provided $15 coupon which we will be giving to the Miss Teenage Canada 2016 prize pack
Storia PR Inc.
Delegates are especially advised to seek out and introduce themselves to Daphna and Karen Nussbaum fro. These lamdies are part of the 2016 Search for Miss Teenage Canada experience and will be retweeting and amplifying much of the media we make, everywhere we go.
Hey everyone, as promised in my last blog I am posting some of my tricks and tips to achieve that perfect photo shoot! Doing photoshoots is something that should be fun and also be an amazing experience. Photography is such an amazing art because there aren’t any restrictions or rules on what you can do with the artist. Your image or idea in your head is able to come to life through the lens of a camera. The photographer has an extremely important job to catch you in the proper lighting, angles, and make you look the best you can in the picture. However the photographer can only do so much, your job as the model is too work that camera and hit all the right angles and poses for that perfect shot. Here are some tips;
- Shoot lots of photos- DONT STOP MOVING. Some of the best shots taken are motion/action shots. If you are constantly moving your body will naturally flow into different poses and you will start to feel natural and begin having fun! If something is off the photographer will yell at you too fix it but that doesn’t mean you stop moving and flirting with that camera. Fix what he or she says and continue to keep hitting different poses as they continuously take photos! Be careful you don’t get repetitive with your motion or else moving is pointless and your poses are the same. Don’t use the excuse you don’t know what to do, clear your mind and use your creativity. You will be amazed on the shots they will capture of you.
- Posture and angles- this is super important during photos. You would be amazed on the difference that just a slight angle change can make in a photo. A simple 25 degree angle turn slightly to your corner could make a world of a difference in your figure. Elongate your neck and always keep your chin up. It will add confidence too your look and make your pictures more natural. Shoulders should always be back, it will make you stand taller. Never have legs fully together it will look awkward, make a slight turn and keep all your weight on your back foot. It may not feel comfortable but it will capture great! Trust me!
- Facial expression- this is my favourite topic to discuss when it comes to photoshoots. Our jobs as the model is too bring the photographers vision too life. Facial expression is going to be a major factor on if you will make that vision come too life or not. Facial expression varies in a million different styles, and you need to really focus on what the shoot is themed and make sure your expression matches it perfectly. Think simple as dark, bright, sad, happy, depressed, serious, bubbly, intense etc and be sure your face expressions give off the same feeling. When I prepare for certain shoots I will study the theme and try to relate it too something I have experienced in my life. Doing something like this will make your expressions look so real on the camera and capture the photo perfectly. Your not faking an expression if you are reminiscing on something that has happened to you in your past. The expression will naturally come out just as it needs to and you will be picture perfect.
- Eyes- as Tyra Banks would say….”SMIZE!” Eyes are such a dominant face feature and they can really tell a story if you use them the right way. Eyes can give off different feelings and you may not even notice. Lots of you may be thinking to yourself that eyes don’t change and just stay the same but if you go to a mirror right now and cover your mouth and nose with a sheet of paper and change back and fourth between a smile and a frown you will be blown away with the change in your eyes. So in your shoots make sure your thinking of the vibe your eyes are giving off so it is suitable to the shoot
- Lighting- lighting in your photoshoot is just as important as your lighting for your selfies ladies… as a model you need to know how to avoid shadows and always make sure that you have the lighting hitting you on the perfect angle to avoid shadows in the pictures. The photographer can’t help you with this because the light stays in the same spot, so angle yourself properly to get that light on your capture spot, not behind you.
Modeling and getting photos taken should be a fun and exciting experience! Seeing your end results and thinking to yourself that its actually you on that photo is such an amazing feeling. The sky is the limit to photography and thats why I love to model so much because of the creativity and having no limits! All the photos posted are of me and I have tried to post photos that have a drastic change to my day to day look just too show you what you can be capable of! Hope these tips and tricks helped you all! Talk to you tomorrow. xoxo
Miss Teenage South Central Albert
What an amazing first full day it has been!! The competition has obviously now officially begun! The morning started off with getting hair and makeup done. Hair and especially make up both have been something I’ve been total girl crazy about. They are fun to experiment with and you can make your self look absolutely stunning in different ways. I had an amazing make up artist and she just happened to be using all my favourite make up products!! I highly recommend the products “too faced” and “make up forever professionals.” Those were the products used on me in the following pictures and believe me they show up great on camera! Next I was onto hair, for me pageant hair is all about big curls and lots of volume and did my hair stylist ever do that for me! My hair was big and bouncy just as I wanted it too. Thank you too both of my amazing stylists for making me look so wonderful for todays shoots. xoxo
Next we were on to the real exciting stuff…photoshoots and video interview shoots! I am a huge fan of photoshoots and all of the lead up too them. Photoshoots are great because they make every single person feel beautiful and good about themselves! The key to success in photoshoots is too relax and be your natural self. The camera lens will catch how you portray yourself so if your tense or nervous, your pictures will look like that however if you just have fun with the photographer and be your natural self that is how your photos will look and you will love them! I am going to be posting another blog tonight with more tips and tricks on how to have a successful photoshoot so stay tuned for more tips and trick to make those photos look better then you could ever imagine.
Next part of the day was our video interview. When it comes to videos, commercials and interviews, just like in photoshoots the key is to keep it simple! Stay relaxed, stay calm and simply be your self. Don’t over think your answers or questions. When you over script and over think you put stress on yourself and that is going to make you panic or mess up your lines. Take a big deep breath “3, 2, 1..” let it out and speak from your heart. If you are passionate enough about your answers you should have absolutely no issues.
Finally, the favourite part of my day…REHEARSAL TIME! I know this is many girls least favourite part of the day but I absolutely love it!! Practicing my bubbly bikini walk to rehearsing my graceful, elegant evening walk. I love every single second of it. I love the feeling of improvement and knowing that I am getting better at the task I am trying to perfect. As I said in my interview today, I am extremely ambitious and always wanting to strive for bigger success. Thats a feeling I can get in rehearsals and that is definitely the biggest factor on why I enjoy them so much!
Well thats a wrap for today! Stay tuned for all the fun and exciting things that are going to be happening through out the remainder of the week. I can promise you it is only going to get bigger and better from this moment on. Remember to also check out the tips and tricks I have too offer you for professional photoshoots coming at you tonight! xoxo
Miss Teenage South Central Alberta
As many of you already know this is my first pageant I have ever been in but I can already say it has been and will be one of the most amazing experiences in my whole life. I have met girls that I knew right from the first introduction we would be life long friends. The pageant world is different then any other atmosphere I have ever experienced. Everywhere you look they’re pretty faces, beautiful crowns, sashes, media, and every single lady you meet is hard working and striving to get that title as “Miss Teenage Canada 2016.” Everyone wants it as much as the girl beside them and they will stop at nothing to get it! It’s always a posative and energetic environment; makeup stations, hair stations, cameras flashing and big smiles everywhere because you never know when you will be caught on camera. Provincials taught me so much and even though the National pageant in Toronto has just begun I have learned so many things already. While I was reflecting back on the things I have learned so far I was shocked with how relatable every single one is and thought I would share it with you!
- Grace- During the pageant week you are always classy, portraying glam, and look stunning every minute of everyday. With this look comes grace which is a wonderful vibe to give off to people. Showing how classy and graceful you can be shows people that you have a unique way of carrying yourself. There are two different types of grace; grace in poise and grace in posture. Having both of these characteristics will make all heads turn when you walk in the room and who doesn’t love when that happens!!
- What Real Friends Are- Through out my lifetime I have made tons of different friends, some I am still friends with to this very day and some have parted off on other journeys. It can be hard to find a true real friend now of days because people are so conflicted by drama and gossip. When I walked into the registration room on day one I was absolutely blown away with how kind all the girls were. They were all coming up and introducing themselves too me and right at that moment I knew I would become amazing friends with each and every single one of them. They have taught me what real friends are and should be like. My roommate is the biggest sweetheart, we get along crazy well which is funny because I have only known her for one day! I know by the end of the week she will be one of my closest pageant sisters.
- Confidence- Once again another key to success. Confidence is such an amazing characteristic too have with how society is now of days. Confidence will allow you to open doors which lead to a bright future for yourself. In interviews, internships or meetings if you are the most confident one in the room people are drawn too you and you are the most outstanding in the room. Pageant has taught me confidence in all sorts of different ways. The MTC quote “Be your own kind beautiful” being one of the major reasons for my confidence build. This quote has taught me that I don’t need to be the prettiest face in the room to be the most confident. Confidence should come from your inner self, and how you portray yourself. BE-YOU-TIFUL! BE CONFIDENT!
- Communication Skills- Having proper communication now of days is such a key to success in many different eras. It showcases your personality and yourself in a much more professional/proper way. During pageant week you are constantly meeting new people and faces from all over the world and you are always holding conversations with them and learning new knowledge. All of this leads to amazing communication skills that you will use in everyday life as well in your hometown or wherever life takes you.
- Posture- Body language is huge because it is so easy to read a person on how they are standing or how they’re body posture is portraying them. I have been a dancer my whole life and taking all my ballet, ballet tech, and pointe classes has always taught me proper posture and I have always been able to hold myself very well. However, in provintials they taught me posture in a whole different level. Chest up, chin up, eyes straight, shoulders back, squeeze core, tight legs, big smile, relax your face….the list goes on and on!! Having this proper posture will make people look at you in a completely different way. If gives people a spectacular first impression of you and make them read you as a confident, proper and beautiful woman!
These five characteristics are just some of the many things I have learned being in the pageant industry and as I am sure you can tell, they all showcase prober poise and manners in day to day life. Pageant is more then just a week of photoshoots and glam, it is a week of improving yourself and teaching you skills for everyday life!!
Blog assignment number two was to design a logo for Miss Teenage Canada that shows what the pageant it is all about and to showcase MTC in a sophisticated way. This is my roll up banner I have designed for you. I believe that MTC isn’t just about beauty on the outside but also inner beauty. That was something I wanted to showcase in my design so I made sure to include the “be your own kind of beautiful” quote as well as a quote I wrote to show this pageant is about beauty on the inside just as much as beauty on the outside. I hope everyone loves it! Remember to “be-you-tiful.”
Nothing makes me more happy then going to support my community in different events that they put on. From anything such as hosting young girls in dance workshops to being a trophy girl for a NASCAR race, I am always happy to attend and be apart of my community. Nothing makes me more happy then having kids come up asking for photos and me being able too spend time with them to make their day so much better as well as mine.
Wanting to send out a huge congratulations to all of the amazing men and women who raced this past Saturday and put on such a wonderful show for the audience. Another big shoutout to these top 1,2,3 who raced their hearts out and placed. It was such a fun and amazing experience watching you all do the sport that you love. Lastly, I would like to thank Edmonton International Raceways for having me and the beautiful Sarah Wojcik to be apart of their event as well as the audience for all their love and support!!
Days like this I will always be able too look back at and remember because I am so proud of my community for all the amazing things it has too offer. The smiling faces in the audience and the energetic vibe that was given off the whole evening blew me away. Thats one of the reasons I love attending events is because everyone is there supporting the athletes and it just makes me feel so good to see everyone happy around me!